Thursday, 3 May 2012

My Top 10 Gamecube Games

10 years ago on the 3rd May, Nintendo's Gamecube console was released in the UK. A compact cubic box with matching tiny discs, the box retains a soft spot in many Nintendo fans hearts even today. And why exactly? Well, we were all treated to an excellent series of games for starters. 


So here are my top 10 Gamecube games.


10. Spider-man 2


9. Resident Evil Zero


8. Soulcalibur II 


7. Super Mario Sunshine


6. SSX Tricky


5. Mario Kart: Double Dash!


4. Luigi's Mansion


3. Pikmin


2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker


1. Super Smash Bros. Melee




Ones that almost made the list:
The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition, Animal Crossing, Donkey Konga, Spider-man.


Do you agree with my choices? Let me know in the comments section!

7 comments:

  1. I am sad you left off The Twin Snakes, that being said....good list! I don't think the 'cube gets enough love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I didn't have that game, hence why it didn't make it into the list! Glad you like my choices though. The Gamecube still holds a place in my heart, as there were so many memorable games. :)

      Delete
    2. If you ever see a copy of Twin Snakes pick it up. I think it can be kind of rare in the "wild".

      Delete
    3. I forgot to ask...have you ever played Chibi Robot? I played it a long time ago and thought it was rather fun.

      Delete
  2. Really cool list

    I wouldn't have thought to put SSX Tricky or Spider-Man 2 on there, because I had those on the PS2 and Xbox

    And when you say Spider-Man that didnt make the list do you mean the first film game?
    I didnt really like that because they made the levels more compact. I preferred Spider-Man and Spider-man Enter Electro on the PSone because you could use spidey's cool costumes

    Will post my own top ten at some point tomorrow ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had both of those games on the Gamecube, and they were fantastic! I'm currently playing SSX and just bought the classic characters/Mt. Eddie pack, so I'm reliving Tricky again!

      As for the other Spider-man...yes that's the first film game. I thought it was a great game, but Spidey 2 beat it due to the free-roaming around the city, side-quests etc that the first one lacked.

      I look forward to seeing your top ten!

      Delete
  3. i was an SSX Tricky on PS2 as well, but that's a great list. I never played Soul Calibur or that Resident Evil game though. I'd probably say Eternal Darkness is on my top 10, and probably Metroid Prime as well (I never did play the 2nd one)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here!
Please note that any offensive comments or spam will not be approved.
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...