Thursday, 14 June 2012

8-Bit Girl Turns One! :D

Happy Birthday 8-Bit Girl!


Yes, today marks the blog's 1 year anniversary. This time last year I had just posted my first ever blog entry, had no dedicated Twitter or Facebook, and absolutely no readers. Now, I'm here with a 450+ fanbase on Twitter, close to 200 on Facebook, and god knows how many of you actually just come to the blog to read it...but judging by my daily pageviews, it's quite a lot!


I want to take this time to say thank you for all of the support. Without all of your kind comments, shares of my posts, etc, I probably wouldn't still be here one year on.


So I'll share with you my first ever post for 8-Bit Girl once again. Hopefully in a year my writing has progressed somewhat, and my posts have got a little better. I'll let you all be the judge on that one. :) L.A. Noire-Worthy Of All The Hype?


I'll (hopefully) be giving the blog a bit of a revamp soon, with a new banner, logo etc, and I plan to continue my reviews, interviews, news posts etc, as long as you all want to keep reading them!


Thanks guys!




Kayleigh x

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Keep it rolling! :D

    Would love to see a new banner too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Hopefully a banner will be coming soon. Just need to work on some ideas! Looking forward to a bit of a change though. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making the one year mark! I just found your site recently from I think either Chalgyr's site or DigitallyDownloaded. Not sure which.
    I sometimes cringe and laugh when I see some of my older posts, but it's been a blast these last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Welcome along to the blog, glad you like it!

      I'm scared to go back and re-read a lot of my earlier posts...I fear I may not like the writing too much. :P

      Delete
  3. Congrats! That is no small feat - but you've done an awesome job of posting and frequently to boot. I enjoy stopping by and am looking forward to what you do over the next year as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the blog, and don't worry, I plan to continue for a long time yet! It's a lot of hard work, especially as the majority of the time it is only me posting (occasionally have a pal, Anna, post a few snippets for me when the workload gets a bit too much), but it's all good!

      Also pleased with how many people actually read my blog. It feels good to have an audience. :)

      Delete
  4. keep up the good work Kayleigh :) You have made my wean off of IGN much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you're liking my humble little blog. :)

      Delete

Leave your comment here!
Please note that any offensive comments or spam will not be approved.
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...