Tuesday, 31 July 2012

My Top 15 Zelda Songs

To all who know me well, The Legend of Zelda series is by far my favourite game series. Link's Awakening happened to be one of the first games I actually remember when I first started to get into gaming as a child. Ever since then, I've played through almost every title, sat through (and enjoyed) the Zelda 25th Anniversary concert, read the mangas, laughed through the so bad-it's-sort-of-good cartoon series, and much more. 


I've always loved the music in Zelda games, so join me as I count down my top ten favourite Zelda tunes in the series so far. 


15. Knight's Academy (Skyward Sword)
Like many Zelda tunes, especially at the beginning of the game, Knight's Academy from Skyward Sword is a cheery one. I cannot help but smile when I hear this!




14. Deku Palace (Majora's Mask)
I love the stomping sound to this one, plus I love Deku's, so this one is a winner!




13. Ballad of the Goddess (Skyward Sword)
Skyward Sword's orchestral score is a brilliant accompaniment to the game. Sweeping, adventurous and bold...the "Ballad of the Goddess" works perfectly!




12. Hyrule Field (Twilight Princess)
Whenever I hear this song, I always picture Link, atop his trusty steed Epona, as he gallops off into his next adventure. Good times.




11. Fairy Fountain Theme (Multiple Zelda Games)
There is no denying that the music in the Zelda series often carries a lot of beauty. The Fairy Fountain theme is definitely an example of this. 




10. Main Theme (Multiple Zelda games)
No "favourite Zelda tunes" list is complete without one of the most famous of them all-the main Zelda theme. Used in so many of the games in the series, this is such an adventurous, sweeping sounding piece. Go Link!




9. Zelda's Lullaby (Multiple Zelda games)
Zelda's Lullaby is a beautiful, peaceful and harmonious sounding piece that brings back a lot of fond memories of playing through the Zelda series.




8. Saria's Song / Lost Woods (Ocarina of Time)
This one never fails to put a smile on my face. It's so upbeat, and definitely one of the more memorable of Zelda tunes.




7. Dark World (A Link to the Past)
Another fan favourite, the Dark World theme is definitely worth a listen!






6. Title Screen (Wind Waker)
Wind Waker's main theme has a sort of Celtic sound to it, which works well with look and feel of the game. 




5. Ballad of the Wind Fish (Link's Awakening)
We first hear "Ballad of the Windfish" when island dweller Marin is singing it near the Rooster weathervane. However, the majesty of this track is realised fully at the end of the game (spoilers!) when Link awakens the Windfish by playing the ballad with the full set of instruments. 




4. Song of Storms (Ocarina of Time)
Anyone who has ever played Ocarina of Time may remember the first time they encounter the music man inside of the Windmill who is playing "Song of Storms". It's a memorable tune!




3. Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker)
I love the music in Wind Waker, and this is my favourite from the game! A great piece that takes me back to all the traversing around the sea the game gets you doing.




2. Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time)
I am sure that many of you Zelda fans agree with me when I say that Gerudo Valley is definitely one of the most loved tracks in the Zelda series. Just listen to this, it's a great one!




1. Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening)
Of course, my favourite Zelda track had to come from my favourite (and first played) Zelda game! I never forget the excitement I felt when walking up the steps on the way to entering the Wind Fish's egg. This music has stuck with me ever since!



3 comments:

  1. This is a great list. I think people should stop and appreciate video game music more often.

    I agree with a lot of your choices too. The Song of Storms is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of when I played them all. Slight smile may have appeared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice list! I haven't played my copy of Skyward Sword yet, so I haven't heard any music from that game. I have, heard the score is amazing, though. Tal Tal Heights is a great Zelda song. I was so glad it was remixed for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here!
Please note that any offensive comments or spam will not be approved.
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...