Monday, 10 August 2015

Visiting Nintendo World, New York

Photo courtesy of Nintendo World Store's website.
From the 24th to the 31st July, I was in New York on holiday with my family. It has been on my list of dream holidays for years, so I was so pleased to find out that my parents had surprised me by booking it up! (Thanks Mum and Dad!)

Being a Nintendo fan, I HAD to visit Nintendo World of course. Situated in the Rockefeller Plaza in New York, it was admittedly a little tricky to find at first as it wasn't as glaringly sign posted as the Lego Store nearby was. The Nintendo World logo is actually pretty subtle! After finally finding it, we went in and picked up a few bits. Here's some of the photos of the store, along with some merchandise I bought. 

If you ever get to visit New York, definitely take a trip into Nintendo World, the only Nintendo shop in the world (and no, Japan does not have one. They have a Pokemon Centre instead, surprisingly).




Nintendo World was situated somewhere in here!
This Game Boy survived a war, and it still works!
Loved the Animal Crossing section!
DK! 
Me with Donkey Kong.
Mini museum section with classic consoles & memorabilia.

There were so many Mario plushes. Love my Cat Toad!
Two presents for my boyfriend. Love the Lakitu! 
I bought this Peach figure!
Cyrus from Animal Crossing and Cat Toad. Too cute to resist!

My Game Boy Colour Vest Top/Dress & a Zelda T-Shirt. Love them both!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I have one (actually 2) of those 1st gen Gameboys...I am not surprised that it survived a war and works...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here!
Please note that any offensive comments or spam will not be approved.
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...