Wednesday, 11 April 2012

I'm In Pixel Nation Issue 1!

I was asked if I was interested in writing a feature-type piece for an upcoming print and PDF magazine just before Christmas in 2011. After being told what the magazine would involve, and being sent a few example pieces (Nes-Bit magazine being one of them in the past), I jumped at this opportunity.


Pixel Nation's first issue launched in March 2012, and is available to purchase as either a PDF copy for £3.99, or readers can pick up the print issue for £8.99. (buy the print edition and you'll gain the PDF for free!)


It contains plenty of articles exploring everything retro and modern in gaming, with writers discussing gaming systems, series and much more. 


My article is a Spotlight on Koji Kondo, where I discuss why Nintendo's resident composer is so well loved. I also include examples of some of his best and most memorable pieces, so expect plenty of Mario and Zelda in this feature.


You can pick up the first issue of Pixel Nation on their website. I had a lot of fun working for them, and look forward to getting an opportunity to write for them again once more issues are developed!

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting! You seem like you would enjoy our site. Please check us out at www.blackbirdandpeacock.com ; ecofriendly, gaming and 8bit merch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Kayleigh! Keep trying to get your work out there so you get noticed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Just been accepted onto What Culture!, so things continue to look up! :)

      Delete
  3. Seems like a truly great mag indeed. Off to check it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there are so many articles in there, definitely worth a read! :)

      Delete
  4. Very cool - you have to be happy about that! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I was pleased I made the cut!

      Delete
  5. Hey Kayleigh! Read your article in Pixel Nation - excellent stuff. I was at the London Philharmonic's video game concert last year where they played the Zelda and Mario themes (the Mario world 2-2 theme was particularly great, I liked what you wrote about it too!) The orchestral versions are what I heard in my head when listening to the 8-bit versions as a little girl. I was in PN1 too, mine was the girl gamer article (and there was me thinking I'd be the only one!) Anyway, keep up the good work and hope to read more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lindsay!

      Nice to see you in Pixel Nation too! I gave your article a read, and enjoyed it! Hope you get into issue 2! :)

      As for your comment on my article, glad you liked it! I went to the Zelda Symphony concert. I closed my eyes and was taken back to the days when I was playing them originally. :)

      Feel free to link me up with anymore of your writing, or a blog (if you have one)! :)

      Delete

Leave your comment here!
Please note that any offensive comments or spam will not be approved.
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...